I’m back with another Trader Joe’s Best List! The three items I am comparing are Broccoli, Olive Oil and Salt. I am comparing them to my local Walmart.
Trader Joes: 12 ounces for $1.99
Walmart: 12 ounces for $2.48
Trader Joes: 3.3 ounces for $1.99 (0.60 per ounce)
Walmart: 2.12 ounces for $1.96 (0.92 per ounce)
Trader Joes: 33.8 ounces for $6.49 (0.19 per ounce)
Walmart: 17 ounces for $4.48 (0.26 per ounce)
Trader Joe’s for the win! I grouped these three things together because I make the most delicious baked broccoli! Here’s how to make it:
Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
Place broccoli in a large bowl, pour olive oil and sprinkle salt, mix it up. (I don’t measure)
Place non-stick foil on a baking sheet and place broccoli evenly on the sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes (I like mine to get dark and crispy)
I’m back with some more of my favorites from Trader Joe’s!
Walmart: (I’m comparing Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice) $5.52
TJ’s is the best brown rice EVER! The box contains 3 frozen pouches, you microwave one pouch for 3 minutes. One bag is enough for a dinner side for my husband, my son and I. Try it and you’ll never go back!
You could say I kind of have an obsession with Janie and Jack. I think EVERYTHING is adorable! They are having a sale right now, including my favorite pair of toddler sunglasses! I have linked my favorites below!
The quality in these clothes are amazing, so I always stock up when they have a sale! My son wears a size 3, but I order in 4’s and 5’s as well! (For the future)
Let me know if you find some good deals as well!
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I am a Trader Joe’s lover like a lot of other people and for good reason! They have quality products and many of them are more affordable than any other grocery store! I am going to start sharing items I purchase at Trader Joe’s and compare them to Walmart prices.
My first 3 items are:
Joe’s O’s: $1.99 for 15 ounces =.13 per ounce
Cheerios at Walmart: $3.64 for 21 ounces = .17 per ounce
Bananas at Trader Joe’s: .19 each= .95
My 5 bananas were 2 lbs which would have equaled .47 per pound
Bananas at Walmart: .52/pound
Orange Juice at Trader Joe’s: $1.99 for 64 ounces
Orange Juice at Walmart: $2.58 for 64 ounces
Do you love Trader Joe’s too? What items do you buy?
I grabbed a few things from Dollar Tree and I am comparing them to Walmart prices! I compare the cheapest items I can find at Walmart so it is fair 🙂
AAA batteries: Walmart: $7.47 for (16)= 0.47 each compared to Dollar Tree: $1.00 for (8)= 0.13 each (Dollar Tree’s batteries do say “ideal for low drain devices”) we use these for remotes and kids’ toys!
AA batteries: Walmart $9.20 for (16)= 0.58 each compared to Dollar Tree: (same as above)
Cotton balls: Walmart $3.68 for (400)= 0.0092 each compared to Dollar Tree: $1.00 for 100= 0.01 each
Hair Elastics: Walmart $3.84 for (30) = 0.13 each compared to Dollar Tree: $1.00 for (15)= 0.06 each
Tape: Walmart $6.43 for 4 (pack of 4 at 1,000 inches each)= $1.60 each compared to Dollar Tree: $1.00 for 1,000 inches
Dollar Tree did not win everything this go round, Walmart out beats the price on cotton balls!
I cringe when I think about money going out of my pocket when I could have saved it. A perfect example is one day I had a horrible headache, I didn’t have any pain reliever on me and I was not near my house. I was with my husband it pained me to ask him to buy Advil from a gas station….4 Advil were about $2. I know, its only $2, but I know I can get 80 at the Dollar Tree for the same price! Now I have Ibuprofen in my glove box, lesson learned! Here are a few of my money saving tips!
- Water! When dining out, always order water, it is better for you anyway! Also, always travel with water. I have a 32 ounce Hydro Flask that is always on my person, why? Because I don’t want to find myself dying of thirst, only to be buying a $1.50 bottle of water…waste of money!!!
- Get rid of your cable! My husband and I were paying around $250 per month for cable, how ridiculous is that? It wasn’t a hard decision for me to make since I rarely watch TV. We now have Netflix and we both enjoy it and its only $10 per month! When I need a Real Housewives fix, I visit my mom who records them all and we have a girls night. My husband does miss watching sports, but he will usually have a guys day/night with one of his friends if he really wants to watch it.
- Meal planning. I have this down to a T. I make a list of the dinners we are eating for the week, make my list and I do not deviate from the list. Its like a game to me to see how low I can get our grocery bill. We don’t buy many snacks or drinks, again, keeps the lbs off as well! Believe me, if I had a bunch of cookies in my pantry, well, I would never leave my pantry!
- Thrift stores! Thrift stores are heaven to me, maybe its just me, but when I find a great shirt and it is only $6, I feel like I have won the lottery! The way I shop at thrift stores is I actually go in looking for key pieces, it makes it a lot easier when there is SO much. So I will go in looking for a gray cardigan and a pair of jeans for example, and most of the time I find what I’m looking for!
- This has been a HUGE help for me. Amazon, oh Amazon, how I love thee, but you make it so easy to spend money! Something that has helped me, is that anything that I find on Amazon I place it in my cart and tell myself I can only buy on Monday, so I will go into my cart on Monday and see what it is I REALLY need. It makes me really look at what I’m buying and the prices instead of “BUY NOW” button that has bitten me so many times!
I hope you can incorporate some of these tips too!
I’m always looking for good deals, something I have learned recently is that you can get items at the Dollar Tree for a better price than Walmart! Here are a few things I picked up and here are the price comparisons:
Walmart: 4.6 ounces for $2.44= $0.53 per ounce
Dollar Tree: 3.5 ounces for $1.00= $0.28 per ounce
Pure silk shaving cream:
Walmart: 14.5 ounces for $3.54= $0.24 per ounce
Dollar Tree: 5 ounces for $1.00= $0.20 per ounce
Crest 3D White Toothpaste:
Walmart 14.4 ounces for $9.97= $0.69 per ounce
Dollar Tree 2.5 ounces for $1.00= $0.40 per ounce
As you can see, Dollar Tree is a great place to save a little bit of money! These are prices from my local Walmart (prices may be different in different areas). I also quoted Walmart on the best prices they had for the specific item and Dollar Tree still won!